Dato` Jude P Benny, PBMDirector
areas of expertise
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Shipping & admirality
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Project Management
- Developing maritime clusters and eco-systems
- LLB (Hons), London. Queen Mary College, London University
- Barrister-at-Law, Middle Temple Advocate&Solicitor, Singapore
- Called to the UK Bar: 1982
- Called to the Singapore Bar: 1983
Over his 30 years of practice, Dato’ Benny has acquired extensive experience as both arbitration counsel and arbitrator in a wide area of commercial law including shipping, infrastructure, off-shore, shipbuilding and corporate conflicts. Dato’ Benny is the founding partner of Jospeh Tan Jude Benny LLP. Dato’ Benny led the Singapore Maritime Foundation, Maritime Arbitration Work Group, which led to the establishment of the Singapore Chamber of Maritime, and which was instrumental in growing the maritime arbitration scene in Singapore. Dato’ Benny sits as arbitrator in International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitrations, and is a Panel / Accredited Arbitrator at a large number of international Institutions.
Dato Benny served 7 years as Director of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore and 6 years as Director of the Singapore Maritime Foundation. He acquired significant experience in the promotion and strategic planning of maritime cluster developments and maritime eco-system growth.