Areas of expertise
- Scenario Planning, Strategy and Business Planning
- Financial Management and Internal Audit
- Compliance & Governance and Risk Management
- HR, Organisation Development and Talent Management
- IT, Cloud & eBusiness and Cyber Security
- Key Account Management, CRM and Sales
- Supply Chain, Logistics and Production
- Project & Program Management
- MSc Energy Engineering, University of Twente
- MBA Economics, European University
• Shell: Engineer, Process & Project Manager and Economist
• PwC Partner Netherlands: Transportation (Maritime/Aviation/Rail/Road) & Distribution (CPG & Retail) and CFO
• IBM Executive West Europe and Vice President Consulting Asia: Transportation & Distribution
• PwC Consulting Indonesia Managing Partner and South East Asia COO & CIO and PwC Philippines Chairman
• Meratus Group CEO & Commissioner, Indonesia
Charles (53 years old) has been CEO, CFO, COO, CIO and Partner. He worked nearly 10 years at Shell and 20 years at PwC and IBM, of which 15 years as a Partner and Managing Partner. He was responsible for European IBM Consulting Transportation (Maritime, Aviation, Rail, Road) & Distribution (CPG, Retail) business of 0.5 B$ and in Asia of 1.5 B$. Charles has led more than 300 projects for reputable international and national European, Asian and US companies related to: Strategy, PMI, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, CRM, HR, Sustainability, Technology, Cyber Security.
Before PwC, Charles worked for almost 10 years at Shell obtaining advanced skills in analytical approaches to complex problem solving in the Energy Business Oil & Gas: Process & Project Management, Logistics & Scheduling, Planning & Economics and Strategy & Scenarios.
In 2016, Charles was appointed by the Meratus Shareholders as the 1st non-family Group CEO of the Meratus Group (www.meratusline.com), an 0.5 B USD, 62 years young family owned company with business in South East Asia, the largest Indonesian Transport & Logistics company with 33 branches, global Alphaliner ranking around No 40 with 60 vessels, 25 tug & barges, more than 100 trucks, 2 major Terminals. Meratus Group has many legal entities, about 2000 Office Staff and 2000 Crew and 500 Outsourced Staff in 9 businesses: Shipping Liner, Chartering, Assets, Dry Bulk & Oil & Gas, Ship Maintenance Management, Workshop, Terminals, Logistics and Joint Ventures. In 2020, 3 Third Generation family members were selected to the Board and Charles became Meratus Commissioner.
His passion is to transform organisations into high performing organizations in terms of people, operations, reporting and systems, with a large focus on clients & differentiaton, strategy & execution, and technology & digitisation. He has a strong competency for dealing with the dynamics of an organisation in a transformation: PMI, IPO, JV’s, PPP, Multiple Businesses Conglomerate, Family Businesses, Start Ups, Commercial Operating state-owned enterprises.
Charles is a strategic thinker with a hands-on, action-driven mentality and a solid focus on achieving results and benefits in environments with different cultures, stakeholders, norms, values, ways of working and communication.